Skip Navigation
Skip Main Content

Hearing Care Solutions & ENT Doctor Referrals - Queens, NYC

It’s not uncommon for audiologists and ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists to work in tandem to address hearing loss and balance disorders. That’s why the team at ZN Audiology is proud to help coordinate your hearing healthcare with an ENT when necessary.

ZN Audiology: Providing Immediate Hearing Care & ENT Doctor Referrals in Brooklyn, NYC

Offering Audiologist Services To NYC

When dealing with any issue, sometimes a little extra help is needed. Ear care is no different, as hearing is a complex sense. Because of this, when addressing their hearing issues, many patients may find themselves asking: “audiologist vs ENT - who do I see?”

At ZN Audiology, we don’t want you stressing over whether or not you’re going to the right place to receive care. That’s why we offer on-site ENT doctor or referrals off-site, should either of these services be needed. In both situations, our partnerships with ENT doctors and medical practitioners will guarantee you additional help for certain medical concerns.

Dealing with hearing issues can be difficult. We’re here to make it easier. Please contact ZN Audiology today to schedule an appointment at one of our NY audiology practices.

FAQs on Audiologists vs ENTs:

Audiologist vs ENT - What’s The Difference?

An Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, or ENT, is a specialist physician who diagnoses and treats diseases of the ear, nose, mouth, and throat. ENT doctors can be very highly educated, many holding Ph.D degrees, as they are licensed surgeons.

An audiologist - like Dr. Zarina Naizam of ZN Audiology - is a hearing healthcare professional who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss. Audiologists often complete a doctorate degree (which is considered equal to a standard Ph.D), which is called a Doctor of Audiology.

Is It Unusual That Your Practice Works With Audiologists And ENTs?

Not really! Audiologists and ENT physicians often work together to help people with hearing loss and balance disorders obtain coordinated and proper care.

At ZN Audiology, helping people hear better is our passion - so we’re more than happy to work with other healthcare experts to make that happen!

What Are Specific Reasons To See An ENT Doctor?

ENT doctors are a wonderful resource for acute issues of the ear, such as swimmer’s ear, earwax buildup, ringing in your ears, headaches, or sinus pressure. Additionally, ENT doctors are often qualified to perform procedures such as ear tube surgery.

By treating immediate and physical issues of the ear, ENT doctors can improve the health of your ears overall.

So When Should I See An Audiologist Like Yours?

Audiologists are a primary resource for hearing tests, and specialize in discovering exactly why you may be suffering from varying degrees of hearing loss. You should see an audiologist if you notice that you are losing your ability to hear, if you are struggling to understand people in routine situations, and/or if you have no medical conditions associated with hearing loss.

As you might imagine, sometimes the health issues seen by an ENT will need follow-up assistance from an audiologist, and vice versa. In these cases, ZN Audiology will ensure you meet with the proper physician for the next stage of your ear journey.