Are you scheduled to meet with Dr. Zarina Naizam, our licensed audiologist in NYC? If so, we want to help you plan your visit! Here’s what you need to know
- We suggest bringing a friend or family member with you, especially if it’s your first visit to our office. With their help, you will be able to tell right away how our demo hearing aids sound for you - plus, you'll have someone there to help you keep track of the information we share with you.
- We generally set aside a whole hour for your appointment, so you never have to worry about feeling rushed.
- You'll be greeted by a welcoming staff member who will walk you through your paperwork with a smile. This includes a case history about your hearing so we understand why you've come to see us today. Please come to us ready to answer questions about your medical history, medication use, and so forth.
- Dr. Naizam will bring you into her office and start things off with a conversation about your hearing and your life in general. Please be honest during this exchange - by getting to know you, she’ll be able to treat you more easily!
- After Dr. Naizam has learned more about you and what you're looking for with your hearing, you will be ready to undergo a hearing test. We give you a full audiological evaluation that shows us a complete picture of your hearing health. This is painless and easy, and we'll explain the whole process and answer your questions as we go.
- Once we've completed the test, we will explain the results to you. If you do have hearing loss and we determine that hearing aids would be a good solution for that hearing loss, Dr. Naizam will use your results to program a pair of demo hearing aids for you. This helps in a few different ways! First, it lets you see for yourself what hearing aids can do for you. Until you try hearing aids yourself, you can't know for sure if they're right for you. Also, it makes it easier for you to hear and understand when we talk to you about your results and your options for treatment.
- Know that our approach overall during your visit will be to educate you and make sure you know everything you need in order to make a decision. If we feel hearing aids will help you and you want to move forward with them, we'll place an order for you. Otherwise, we will keep in touch with you and help you make a plan moving forward.
Save valuable time by printing the following form and bring it with you to your appointment.
Patient Intake Form